If you’re anything like me, you like simple and easy meals. I make this meal all the time because it never it last’s long in this household!
So what is my favorite thing about this recipe? The fact that I always take whatever vegetable is laying around my house and throw it in. That simple!! This is a typical version for me; chicken, artichokes, garlic, mushrooms and a TON on lemon. All you do is throw everything into a clay pot (or oven friendly skillet) and bake until you’re satisfied.
I decided to share this quick and simple recipe because this is basically what I have been living off of since school has began! This is my go-to and I always have some leftovers to make into other meals! It’s all about planning right?!?
- 6 chicken beasts
- 1 bag of frozen, halved artichokes (or 2 cans of small artichokes)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 5-7 garlic cloves, whole
- 5-6 mushrooms, diced
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp thyme
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix together spices and set aside.
- Lightly spray/oil large clay pot (or large skillet that can go in the oven).
- Place chicken and vegetables into clay pot and cover with seasoning mix.
- Juice lemon or pour fresh lemon juice over the top of chicken and vegetables.
- Place in oven for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked.
- Once chicken is cooked, re-heat oven to a broil.
- Broil until artichokes are crispy (3-5 minutes).