What a crazy few weeks it has been! I have a lot going on with my health which isn’t so fun at all. I have been getting these horrible migraines and headaches, I think my TMJ is kicking my booty. I have a doctors appointment today to try and get the ball rolling on all of this crapollaaa. This is the most severe out of the 3 other things I have going on with my health status. I will keep you updated on how everything pans out.
In better news, I have been wanting to perfect a Rice Crispy recipe for every. I reintroduced rice a few months ago and was so excited because all I wanted to do was make an amazing rice crispy recipe. I had 5 trial runs, yes 5!! I have made these for every family/friend event I have had in the past 2 months to nail this recipe. I originally wanted to have this post up by July 4th but it wasn’t perfect until now! Patience is key, my friends!
I have learned that there is a science behind the right rice crispy cereal to marshmallow to chocolate ratio. Who knew! Well I finally learned the perfect amount of everything to add to make every single bite filled with the right amount of freeze dried fruit, marshmallows and chocolate all at the same time.
I was so lucky enough to meet the wonderful people behind Sweet Eat Chocolate at Paleo fx this past May. Did you know that they have perfected Paleo WHITE CHOCOLATE!!??!? It is so amazing and I knew when I wanted to make this recipe that I would need white chocolate. Bridget over at Sweet Eats was kind enough to let me use some of their perfect chocolate to keep this recipe as clean as I wanted it to be. Holy mollllyy I could go for a bar right now!
These are baby, toddler and adult and grandma approved. Also the leftovers make really great cereal option for breakfast. You have no idea how many of these I have gone through…I had to get creative 😉
- 4 cups of gluten free rice crispy cereal
- 1 bag of allergen free marshmallows
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 5 oz of Sweet Eats white chocolate
- 1 bag of freeze dried strawberries, crushed
- 1 bag of freeze dried blueberries, crushed
- Line a 9×9 square pan with foil and spray with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a large double boiler, combine coconut oil, marshmallows and chocolate over low heat until completely melted and combined. This should take 4-5 minutes and make sure to stir constantly so the bottom doesn’t burn.
- Once mixture is smooth, add the rice crisps, freeze dried strawberries and blueberries and mix until evenly coated.
- Pour into prepare pan and let cool for about an hour. Cut into squares and serve.