Here is my favorite side dish of all time! My FAMOUS sweet and salty brussels sprouts goes perfect with any meal, especially summer BBQs. It is so easy and quick to make and it will have you drooling in seconds!
There is the perfect mixture of sweet, from the raisins and honey, and salty from the bacon. I always cook my brussels in bacon fat. It brings out delicious flavors and who doesn’t love bacon? This is the perfect side dish for any occasion, including Thanksgiving! Make this at your next summer BBQ, you’ll have everyone begging for the recipe!
- 4 slices of Bacon
- 1 package of brussels sprouts, shredded
- 1/4 c golden raisins
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/4 c hot water
- Dash of salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste
- Shred your brussels or chop into small pieces or buy pre-shredded from your local grocery store.
- In a heated skillet, cook bacon until crispy.
- Remove bacon and set aside.
- In same pan (with hot bacon fat) place shredded brussels and let fry (stirring every 3-5min.)
- Once cooked through and crispy, in a small cup mix hot water and honey until combined into one liquid.
- While continuously stirring, slowly pour in honey-water mixture.
- Mix in rasins.
- Turn heat down to medium-low and let simmer until all water is evaporated (about 2-3 min).
- Once brussels are crispy and cooked through, crumble bacon into small pieces and sprinkle on top.