Today I made you my famous Burnt Corn Greek Salad using my favorite ghee in the whole world (Pure Indian Foods, Garlic Ghee ).I have been on a Mediterranean flavor kick for a few weeks now and I woke up beyond inspired to cook for you all today.
I broke out my spiralizer and decided that I was going to use it for something. What I really like about the spiralizer kitchen tool is that you have to use some sort of fruit or vegetable with it. It kind of forces you to use more fruits and veggies and plus, it is really trendy right now. Anyway, I really was in the mood to make a greek salad using spiralized onions, but then I saw the cucumber and the idea to combine my two favorite side dishes- burnt corn and a greek salad immediately came into my head. I am a freakin’ genius, let me tell you!
This Burnt Corn Greek Salad is the perfect side dish for any get-together. This Burnt Corn Greek Salad is so easy to make, I bet you have all of the ingredients at home right now! All you need is 6 ingredients.
- 1 can of whole corn kernels
- 3 tsp Pure Indian Foods Ghee
- 2 large cucumbers, spiralized
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 of a red onion, sliced thin
- 2 tsp crumbled feta cheese
- In a hot skillet melt Pure Indian Foods ghee.
- Once hot, place in drained corn and let sit, stirring occasionally.
- Once corn looks somewhat burnt on all sides, take off heat and let cool.
- Spiralize or thinly cut cucumbers. If you are using a spiralizer, slice the cucumbers halfway through lengthwise, careful not to pierce the center. Spiralize to make the chip slices.
- Place in a large bowl. Add in corn, tomatoes, onions and feta and mix until fully combined.
- Add salt and pepper to taste