These burnt green beans are seriously amazing. I am so ready for fall! I am ready for the holidays. family get-togethers and so much FOOOODDD! One of my favorite parts of this time of the year is making new healthy “fall” recipes that become a staple in me and my families diets.
Growing up, canned green beans were a staple in my house (gross, I know). We had them so much that once I was able to cook, I hadn’t touched a green bean for years after. I know, I’m a total weirdo, but I was scared!
Now I will only eat the green beans from my favorite Italian restaurant. They make them so perfect. They burn them and add a ton of garlic and spices. I have been wanting to try and make them at home for a while now.
A few days ago I decided to give them a try again. My mom bought some fresh ones from my local store and they were about to go bad, so, I decided to save them. I mixed them with some Pure Indian Foods Ghee (the only ghee I will ever use) and threw them in the oven real quick.
Typical me, I forgot about them for a while and let them get reallllllly burnt. I love burnt foods and these were PERFECT!!! I had them with some crispy chicken fried in some more Pure Indian Foods Ghee, of course!
You need to make these for Thanksgiving. Everyone will love them!
- 1 pound of green beans, cleaned
- 2 tbsp of Pure Indian Foods Ghee, melted
- 4-6 garlic cloves, whole
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Clean the green beans by trimming the ends and adding them to a large bowl.
- Toss with Pure Indian Foods Ghee, salt and pepper and spread out evenly on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Roast, stirring once halfway through, until. lightly caramelized (12 to 15 minutes). Keep them in longer if you prefer them more burnt