By Anya’s Eats
Chia pudding is one of my all time favorite breakfasts. After following a
paleo/primal lifestyle for over half a decade, as much as I’ve loved bacon and eggs
over the years, it’s always been nice to mix things up. Chia pudding is easy to make
(in fact, it makes itself overnight) and it’s a wonderful paleo-friendly alternative to
something like yogurt, oatmeal or traditional pudding.
On top of being a breeze to make, the fat and protein content of chia makes it a
filling and nutrient-dense breakfast. Plus, chia pudding is extremely versatile. You
can virtually make any flavor combination you want! I normally make chia pudding
with homemade almond milk but any non-dairy milk would work just fine
- 5oz homemade almond milk
- 2 ½ tablespoons chia seed
- 1 teaspoon sweetener of choice or 10 drops liquid stevia
- Double Double Chocolate Trouble
- 1 heaping tablespoon raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoons warm water
- 1 teaspoon cacao nibs
- Blueberry Pie
- 1 tablespoon frozen wild blueberries
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Fresh blueberries for garnish (optional)
- Cinnamon Spice Fuel
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- 1 spoonful coconut oil
- 1 spoonful almond butter
- Pour 5oz homemade almond milk into 8oz container and add chia. (If you are
- making this in a larger container, simply fill it 3/4ths of the way with your milk and
- add extra chia and sweetener as is necessary).
- Mix chia, almond milk and sweetener with a spoon until well combined.
- Refrigerate overnight and add mix-ins the next morning, or mix them in right away
- and refrigerate overnight.
- Combine cacao powder and warm water so that the powder dissolves. Add mixture to chia pudding base.
- Mix in cacao nibs and add extra for garnish when serving (optional).
- Mix frozen blueberries and vanilla extract into chia pudding until well combined.
- The more macerated the blueberries get, the better. The mixture should turn slightly
- Top with fresh blueberries when serving (optional)
- Add cinnamon or pumpkin spice to chia base and mix until well combined.
- Top with almond butter and coconut oil when serving.