This chicken, spinach & artichoke stuffed spaghetti squash was inspired by my spinach artichoke stuffed chicken! I had a spaghetti squash that had to be used, so I raided my kitchen and found all of the ingredients to make our new favorite meal!
It’s delicious, creamy, packed with protein and veggies! And not to toot my own horn but it tastes AMAZING!
Super easy to make and took me less than 30min all together!
Now heres the trick, you can buy dairy free cream cheese already made (my favorites are Kite Hill or Violife) orrr you can make your own cashew cheese. Either way, it’s delish!
This recipe is Hashimoto’s friendly. It is GF, DF, Soy free, grain free and sugar free. Feel free to swap any ingredients that don’t work for you and your body!
Chicken, Spinach & Artichoke Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
1 med-large Spaghetti Squash
2 tbsp EVOO or Avocado oil
1 lb chicken breast boneless and skinless, cut into chunks
1 14 oz can artichoke hearts
2 cups spinach
1/2 cup dairy free cream cheese of choice
Salt, pepper & garlic to taste
- Cut squash in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds and string. Place face down on a microwaveable plate. Microwave for 15 minutes
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, add the oil. and cook chicken until cooked through.
- Once chicken is cooked through, add in spinach and artichokes and allow it to wilt a bit. Cook one more minute until heated through, sprinkle with of sea salt and pepper and garlic, if using, then remove from heat.
- Place chicken mixture in a bowl and add in DF cream cheese or homemade cheese. Mix until fully combined
- Once spaghetti squash is done cooking and is soft to the touch, using a fork, scrape spaghetti squash lengthwise to release spaghetti strands and place into a large bowl. The squash will be hot so use a oven mitt to hold it while scraping.
- Fill the squash with the chicken spinach artichoke mixture to create squash boats, OR toss together in a large serving bowl. Any extra filling can be refrigerated and reheated later on