With the holidays coming up, I have been trying to top myself year after year with appetizers and snacks everyone will enjoy… I think I just hit jackpot with these Fried Turkey Meatballs!!!!! These are super moist, yet crispy. They are the perfect little bite with a bunch of flavor. Yes, I am still drooling from this recipe!
I used my standard “breading” mixture to get the most perfect crust! These will go fast, so make sure you stock up! You can make the meatballs in advance and when you’re ready to fry em up, just stick them in the breading and there ya go!
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, for frying
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 lb ground turkey meat
- 1 egg
- Sauce on the side for dipping
- In a large, flat bottomed pan, melt coconut oil on low-medium heat for frying.
- In a small bowl, combine breading mixture of almond flour, coconut flour, 1/2 tsp sea salt, 1/4 tsp ground pepper, 1/4 tsp garlic powder rosemary and oregano.
- In another small bowl, combine turkey meat,1 tbsp of breading mixture, 1/2 tsp sea salt, 1/4 tsp ground pepper, 1/4 tsp garlic powder and egg. Mix (with hands or spatula) until fully combined.
- Take about 1 tbsp of meat mixture and form or roll into a ball in between hands. Take formed ball and then, gently, roll into breading mixture until fully covered with breading. Repeat until all turkey meat is used.
- Once oil in pan is hot, place the turkey balls into the oil and let fry for about 1 minute on each side (until golden, crispy brown).
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce!