Looking for the perfect summer Paleo appetizer? These Lime Coconut Shrimp are super easy and quick to make. They will be a hit at at BBQ or any family function. They are sweet, yet salty and tangy…perfect combo right? (They’d go perfect with a corona and lime…shh don’t tell).
This flour mixture is my favorite (if you couldn’t tell). I use it on anything I can fry. The coconut flour and the shredded coconut add an amazing level of sweetness that isn’t over powering at all. I always keep coconut flour and shredded coconut around the house, so I always have the perfect mixture!
The lime adds a whole new dimension. Putting it in the egg mixture makes the lime work in harmony with the sweet flavors. These are super flaky and delicious and sweet. You need to get these on your plate! These are great for a quick lunch or dinner too!
- 12-15 jumbo shrimp
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- pinch of pepper and garlic powder for taste
- 1/2 lime, squeezed
- 1/2 cup coconut oil for frying
- In a small bowl combine coconut flour, shredded coconut, and seasonings.
- In a separate bowl whisk one egg and lime juice until combined.
- Dip clean and dried shrimp into egg wash and then into flour mixture until coated, repeat for all shrimp.
- In a large skillet, heat coconut oil until melted.
- Add in 3-5 shrimp at a time (do not over crowd skillet).
- Fry on each side for 2-3 min, until golden brown.