Yum! I am so excited for these Mexican Cauliflower Stuffed Peppers. They are so yummy and filled with so many healthy vegetables, yaay!
Today was a great day. I was able to cook up 4 recipes for you all! These Mexican Cauliflower Stuffed Peppers was one of them. They taste AMAZING, so I thought I should get you this recipe ASAP. I have been searching for a really great Mexican cauliflower rice for a while on the internet and I decided that I should just make a killer recipe for you.
Subbing cauliflower rice instead of regular white rice significantly reduces the calories and carbohydrates in this recipe. Now, I don’t believe that carbohydrates are the enemy at all, I just think cauliflower rice is a great and healthier substitute to reduce the number of carbohydrates in this meal. I have made so many dishes subbing out the rice for cauliflower rice and they have been a HUGE hit!
- 4 bell peppers
- 1 pound Grass Fed Beef
- 1/2 pound sausage (without the casing)
- 1 package of Green Giant cauliflower rice, frozen
- 1/2 cup peas, canned or frozen
- 1/4 cup canned corn, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 8oz. can of tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Clean bell peppers and slice the top off. Take out seeds and all other insides and discard. Place peppers in an 8×8 baking dish and place to the side.
- In a large skillet cook grass-fed beet and sausage until cooked through. Remove from pan into a bowl and let rest.
- Using the same pan as you cooked the meat in, place cauliflower rice, peas, corn, carrots, and onion. Saute until cauliflower rice is defrosted.
- Add in meat mixture, tomato sauce and seasoning. Stir until fully combined.
- Fill each pepper with meat and cauliflower rice mixture. Place in oven and bake for 20-25 min.
- *Can add cheese, avocado or sour cream on top.
Have you ever used cauliflower rice before? Let me know what your favorite way to use it below!
Check out some more delicious dinner recipes: