Did you miss the Facebook live? Don’t worry, you can watch me make these NEW and IMPROVED Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers LIVE here. I just love doing Facebook Live with you guys.
These are even better than the original recipe, but they require a trip to your local Whole Foods or an online shipment. So if you can’t make it to the store, you can make this delicious version.
What’s cool about this recipe is that you can put whatever you want inside! You can make a pizza flavored one and chop up some sausage of pepperoni OR you can even throw some salsa in the cheese and have a fiesta! So many options!
- 6-8 jalapeños, halved
- 1 tsp Jalapeño, minced
- 1 tsp Pimentos, minced
- 1 tsp Pimento juice
- 1 package of Kite Hill Cream Cheese
- 1 package of Bacon
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut jalapeños in half (longways) and remove seeds (be carfeul!).
- In a skillet with NO grease, roast the minced1 tsp of Jalapeño and Pimentos until a little burnt.
- Place the roasted jalapeño and pimento mixture into the cheese with the pimento juice and mix until fully combined.
- Fill each jalapeño half with at least 1 heaping tsp of almond cheese filling.
- Wrap uncooked bacon around jalapeño and place a toothpick at end of bacon to hold in place if needed.
- Place on a racked baking sheet and bake for 25 min.
- Without removing the poppers, place oven on broil and broil for 3-5 min (until bacon is cooked through and crispy).
Check out some of my other favorite appetizers: