If you’re like me, you get a strong craving for Mexican food in the summer. I used to be a burrito, nacho, Corona loving gal before I changed my lifestyle. Once Cinco de Mayo hits, it’s like BOOM I need nachos! I sat for a while trying to curb my craving, and then I realized that there is a Paleo way!! I figured it out!
I grabbed some chopped meat, some of Aunt Mary’s Salsa (From Health, Happiness, Paleo), Taco seasoning (From Health, Happiness, Paleo) , Guacamole (you can NEVER forget the guac) and made this bowl the BOMB! This bowl took me maybe 15min to make and photograph. It was so easy and I had all of the ingredients in my home already! I have made these for parties as an appetizer, and I’ve even had them for dinner. They are the BEST!
- 1 lb of grass-fed beef
- 1 package of Plantain Chips
- 1/4 cup of Aunt Mary’s Salsa
- 2 tbsp of Guacamole
- 2 tbsp of taco seasoning
- Ahead of time make Aunt Mary’s Salsa from Health Happiness Paleo and Guacamole of choice.
- In a large skillet, fry ground beef until browned and fully cooked through (Any other meat can be used).
- Mix in 2 tbsp of taco seasoning until meat is seasoned and set aside.
- On a large plate or in a flat bottomed bowl, lay out plantain chips. On top place ground beef, Salsa and Guacamole in layers.
- Optional: Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Place in oven for 15 min to warm.
- Add in Crumbled Plantain chips and top with garnish’s of choice!