You ask and you shall receive! For the holidays, I have been getting a lot of requests to share some of the cookies recipes in my e-book Health, Happiness, Paleo. These were one of my favorites. I love peppermint flavor, it just reminds me of the holidays…anyone else?!?!
These cookies are SOO delicious, they are ooey, gooey and chocolatey. I choose to use Trader Joes Dark Chocolate Honey Mints because they have the perfect balance of sweet and pepperminty goodness….also they have SUPER clean ingredients. You can use any patty you’d like and I’m sure these will still knock your socks out.
When writing Health, Happiness, Paleo with Leslie, we wanted to have recipes that would be great for anyone and any occasion. We wanted you to be able to have a variety of ideas to fulfill you and your families cravings.
These cookies are perfect for Christmas, Hanukkah, Thanksgiving, and just about anything else you can think of. I bring these cookies with me to any event or holiday party. I always get compliments and asked for the recipe, also told how clever it was to stick these patties inside of a cookie! I also send these cookies to relatives and friends who live out of town. It’s getting to the point where I get asked every phone call when they’ll be getting their Peppermint Chocolate Cookies this year!
- 12 Trader Joe’s Dark Chocolate
- Honey Mints or peppermint patty of
- choice, frozen
- 1+1/4 cups blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder or
- cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup palm shortening, butter, or
- ghee, room temperature
- 1 medium pasture-raised egg
- 1/3 cup coconut or brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Freeze unwrapped mints for at least 20
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- and set aside.
- In a food processor, blend together all
- remaining ingredients until doughy.
- Scoop out tablespoon-sized balls of
- dough onto cookie sheet. Flatten each
- cookie slightly.
- Bake cookies for 7-8 minutes.
- Remove mints from freezer, and take
- cookies out of oven. Press 1 mint down
- into each cookie.
- Bake cookies for another 3-4 minutes.
- Cool cookies on baking sheet for 5-10
- minutes. Transfer carefully to a cooling
- rack, and allow to cool completely.
Well, heres to the beginning of the holidays! Everyone needs to enjoy and have a happy and healthy season! Get your shopping done and don’y forget to stick a few of these into your bags for some ‘shopping fuel’ to get you through the day! 😉
*Please note that links are typically affiliate links. That means if you click on something from this post, and purchase, I get a small percentage. This is what keeps The Paleo Cavewoman going!